Astronomical School’s Report, 2012, Volume 8, Issue 2, Pages 153–159
The direct numerical simulation of charged particles' acceleration in turbulent magnetized plasmas
Sydorenko M.M.1, Marchenko V.V.2
1Kyiv Shevchenko National University, Ukraine
2Chernihiv T.G.Shevchenko National Pedagogical University, Ukraine
Our paper presents the results of the direct numerical simulation of acceleration of charged particles in turbulent magnetized plasmas. We show the resonant nature of particles scattering in the coordinate and momentum spaces on the Alfven wave as one component of a stochastic set of waves with different amplitudes and lengths. Also the modelling the energy spectrum formation of the accelerated particles due to their interaction with the full spectrum of MHD waves that satisfy the conditions in the relativistic jet deceleration regions of FRI-radio galaxies is performed.
Keywords: numerical simulation; acceleration of charged particles; turbulent magnetized plasma
- Bergman D., Belz J. (2007). Topical Review: Cosmic rays: the Second Knee and beyond. J. of Phys. G: Nucl. and Part. Phys., R359-R400. https://doi.org/10.1088/0954-3899/34/10/r01
- Fatuzzo M., Melia F. (2012). Assessing the Feasibility of Cosmic-Ray Acceleration by Magnetic Turbulence at the Galactic Center. Ap.J.. https://doi.org/10.1088/0004-637x/750/1/21
- Fatuzzo M., Melia F., Todd E., Adams F.C. (2010). High-energy Cosmic-ray Diffusion in Molecular Clouds: A Numerical Approach. Ap.J., 515–527. https://doi.org/10.1088/0004-637x/725/1/515
- Fraschetti F. (2008). On the acceleration of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays. Philosoph. Trans. of the Royal Soc. A: Math., Phys. and Engin. Sci., 4417–4428. https://doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2008.0204
- Greisen K. End to the Cosmic-Ray Spectrum?, Phys. Rev. Lett, 1966, 16, Is.17, P.748–750. https://doi.org/10.1103/physrevlett.16.748
- Halzen F. (2010). The Search for the Sources of the Cosmic Rays One Century after their Discovery. Invited talk at XVI International Symposium on Very High Energy Cosmic Ray Interactions (ISVHECRI 2010), Batavia, Illinois, USA 28 June 2 July 2010. .
- Hörandel J. (2008). The origin of galactic cosmic rays. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. in Phys. Res. Sect. A., 181–188.
- Lyutikov M., Ouyed R. (2007). Inductive acceleration of UHECRs in sheared relativistic jets. Astropart. Phys., 473–489. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.astropartphys.2007.01.008
- Melrose B. (2009). Acceleration Mechanisms. Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science, 21–42. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-30440-3_2
- Ostrowski M. (1998). Acceleration of ultra-high energy cosmic ray particles in relativistic jets in extragalactic radio sources. Astronomy and Astrophysics, 335, 134–144.
- O'Sullivan S., Reville B., Taylor A.M. (2009). Stochastic particle acceleration in the lobes of giant radio galaxies. Mon. Not. of the Royal Astron. Soc., 248–257. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2966.2009.15442.x
- Rieger F., Bosch-Ramon V., Duffy P. (2007). Fermi acceleration in astrophysical jets. Ap. and SS., 119–125. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10509-007-9466-z
- Rieger F., Duffy P. (2004). Shear Acceleration in Relativistic Astrophysical Jets. ApJ, 155–161. https://doi.org/10.1086/425167
- Zatsepin G.T., Kuzmin A. (1966). Upper Limit of the Spectrum of Cosmic Rays. JETP, 4, 78.
- Sydorenko M., Hnatyk B. (2011). Stochastic acceleration of cosmic rays in region of relativistic jet deceleration in blazars. Astronomical School’s Report, 7(1–2), 108–113. https://doi.org/10.18372/2411-6602.07.1108