Astronomical School’s Report, 2016, Volume 12, Issue 2, Pages 122–124
Dynamics of the asteroid rings (10199) Chariklo
Troianskyi V.V., Bazyey O.A.
In 2014 it was reported on opening two rings around asteroid (10199) Chariklo (Braga-Ribas F., et al., 2014, Nature, 508, 72–75) and it became the fifth object of the Solar system known to have ring system, after Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. The main component of the system is the biggest Centaur. This work considers the erosion time of rings in the asteroid system (10199) Chariklo, that is due to a number of effects. Also, we have calculated the mass and period of rotation of the asteroid’s shepherd satellite.
Keywords: asteroids; satellites Chariklo; rings asteroid; shepherd satellite
- Berard D., Sicard B., et al. (2015). American Astronomical Society, 47, 104.02.
- Braga-Ribas F., et al. (2014). A ring system detected around the Centaur (10199) Chariklo. Nature, 508, 72–75.
- Murray C.D., Dermot S. Solar System dynamics. Cambridge, 2010.
- Fornasier S., et al. (2013). TNOs are cool: A survey of the trans-Neptunian region. VIII. Combined Herschel PACS and SPIRE observations of 9 bright targets at 70–500 um. Astron. and Astrophys., 555, A15.
- Seefelder W. , 2002, Lunar Transfer Orbits Utilizing Solar Perturbations and Ballistic Capture, Herbert Utz Verlag, Issenschaft Munchen.
- Troianskyi V.V. (2015). Effect of Non-Sphericity of Gravitational Field of the Asteroid on the its Satellites Orbits Evolution. Odessa Astronomical Publications, 299–303.
- Warner B.D., Harris A.W., Pravec P. Asteroid Lightcurve Data Base. 2014. http://www.minorplanet.info/lightcurvedatabase.html
- Winter O., Araujo R., Sfair R. IAU General Assembly, 2015, 29, 2251028.