Astronomical School’s Report, 2015, Volume 11, Issue 1, Pages 84–90
GIS as a tool for efficient management of transport streams
Zatserkovnyi V.I.1, Kobrin O.V.2
1Kyiv Shevchenko National University, Ukraine
2National Aviation University, Ukraine
The transport network, which is an ideal object for the automation and the increase of efficiency using geographic information systems (GIS), is considered. The transport problems, which have a lot of mathematical models of the traffic flow for their solution, are enumerated. GIS analysis tools that allow one to build optimal routes in the real road network with its capabilities and limitations are presented. They can solve the extremely important problem of modern Ukraine – the rapid increase of the number of cars and the glut of road network vehicles. The intelligent transport systems, which are created and developed on the basis of GPS, GIS, modern communications and telecommunications facilities, are considered.
Keywords: transport system; road network; transport navigation GIS; geographic information technology (GIT); GPS-technology; intelligent transport systems (ITS); deterministic and stochastic approach
- Zatserkovnyy V.I., Burachek V.H., Zhelezniak O.O., Tereshchenko A.O. (2014). HIS i bazy danykh. Nizhyn: NDU im. M. Hoholia. 492 p.
- Gavrilov A.A. (1980). Modelirovanie dorozhnogo dvizheniya. M.: Transport. 189 p.
- Vytyazhkov D.V. Tselevoy poisk upravlyayuschikh parametrov svetofornoy signalizatsii v avtomatizirovannoy sisteme upravleniya dorozhnym dvizheniem Sbornik nauchnykh trudov. Seriya “Estestvennonauchnaya”, Iss.1 (7) SevKavGTU, Stavropol’, 2004.
- Golub D.I. (2007). Metod staticheskoy optimizatsii tsiklov svetofornogo regulirovaniya. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov Severo-Kavkazskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya “Ekonomika”., 2007(5. – Rezhim dostupu: http://www.ncfu.ru).
- Vovk O.L. (2002). Issledovanie trudnoformalizuemykh algoritmov nechyotkogo upravleniya v sistemakh upravleniya ob’ektami: Avtoreferat magisterskoy vypusknoy raboty. Donetsk. 19 p.